All times are UTC

Post subject: [Release] Gnu Boy Gamerunner
PostPosted: Sun Sep 19, 2010 1:40 pm 
JLime Professional User
JLime Professional User

==New Version Made by rohezal==

There is a new version, with a high (but not very noteable) frameskip. At runs a very decent speed, almost full speed. Sound works and touchscreen works. Its avaible for the gamerunner distro and needs SDL 1.2. Sometimes it hangs but when you press the A Button (right upper corner in gamerunner) it will work flawlessly. Sometimes small sound skips appear but then don't appear often.

In second controll mode in gamerunner you can use savestates by pressing top right corne to save and left lower corner to load. Select is right lower corner.

Install Instructions:
copy the content of gnuboy.tar to /usr/games/installed/
copy the content of gnuboy.png to /usr/games/menu/icons/
overwrite wmdrawerrc to menu/wmdrawer/wmdrawerrc
copy the content of removethis.gnuboy.tar (.gnuboy folder) to /home/root/.gnuboy/
make a symlink to the gnuboy.rc config file (which should be located in /home/root/.gnuboy/) in /usr/games/installed/gnuboy/

cd /usr/games/installed/gnuboy/
ln -s /home/root/.gnuboy/gnuboy.rc gnuboy.rc

file gnuboy.rc should display: gnuboy.rc: symbolic link to `/home/root/.gnuboy/gnuboy.rc'

Download: http://134.169.167.11/playground/gnuboy_gamerunner.zip

http://wiki.openmoko.org/wiki/Gnuboy

I copied the sdl packets from based debian gtmoko over to gamerunner. But i dont know if this was necessary. If the game doesnt start install the sdl 1.2 packages.

Edit: Rafa if you like this (I bugged the wmdrawerrc file and dont knw how to fix it, I think), please include it to the gamerunner 0.3 release. Btw pokemon is real fun :).

Offline Profile  

Post subject: Re: [Release] Gnu Boy Gamerunner
PostPosted: Mon Sep 20, 2010 4:08 pm 
Core Developer

GRRReaaaat!!!! ... Thanks a lot to share!! :)

I definitely will add your port to gamerunner 0.3!! .. Thanks!.. And I also need to add your snes9x version without SDL_Delay I think.

Rafa

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Mon Sep 20, 2010 9:42 pm 
JLime Professional User
JLime Professional User

Thats cool :). Btw I did lower the volume of the sound. The free runner boxes can't do a clean audio output at max. Lowering it to 90% / 90% and it sounds much better. Maybe it can go a bit higher. Do you know how to lower the brightness of the screen?

Maybe I will try to port a Sega Gear Emulator later. I need to create a gamepad shell for the freerunner. It would be a great gaming devic + phone^^.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Thu Dec 09, 2010 11:44 pm 
Core Developer

rohezal wrote:
Thats cool :). Btw I did lower the volume of the sound. The free runner boxes can't do a clean audio output at max. Lowering it to 90% / 90% and it sounds much better. Maybe it can go a bit higher. Do you know how to lower the brightness of the screen?

Maybe I will try to port a Sega Gear Emulator later. I need to create a gamepad shell for the freerunner. It would be a great gaming devic + phone^^.

Hey, what do you think if we release a new version 0.3? :) you did several improvements.. and there are some games around to be added.

Rafa

Offline Profile